There is no way that I can begin to tell you EVERYTHING that I learned, but I will share with you a few tips that I DID learn.
First of all.... I live in the state of Georiga, in the USA. Couponing, individual stores and store "policies" may be different where you live.
Buy ONE Get one FREE (BOGO) sales
- always take advantage of these sales.
- At Publix, you do NOT have to buy both items. If you only buy one of the BOGO items, you can get it for HALF PRICE!
- Then... you can also add coupons to this item and get it even cheaper!
- At Publix you can "stack" coupons. This means that you can use a manufacturer's coupon along with a store coupon together! This makes your savings even BIGGER!
- At most other stores, you have to buy BOTH items in order to get one free. (But, you are really only paying for one.) But, you can still add coupons to this sale for bigger savings!
Fact: Generic products are not always cheaper than name brand products.
Where to find coupons
- Sunday newspaper
- Blinkies -- machines that are attached to store shelves, near product
- Peelies -- coupons that are attached to products
- Hangtags/winetags -- hanging on the neck of wine bottles or other products
- Tearpads -- coupons that are attached to store shelves, near product
- Store lobbies -- look for coupon books there or at the customer service desk
- Free Samples -- Websites: Walmart, Twisted Branches, Facebook, Vocalpoint
- Internet printables -- http://www.coupons.com/ (This is THE best site for printables) - You can only print TWO per computer!! - You can NOT photo copy them!
- Magazines -- "All You", "Family Circle", "Good Housekeeping"
- Store Coupons -- Walgreens, CVS, Target, & Publix
- Home Mailers -- Mailed directly to your house (Target)
- Manufacturer -- Home URL
- Store clubs & Programs: Baby Clubs
- Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter ("Like" a certain product in order to get coupons)
- Coupons can be used only ONCE.
- No 2 coupons on 1 item (the same TYPE of coupon on 1 item)
- Read the wording on the coupon & ignore the photo (it may be different)
- Photocopying coupons is ILLEGAL!
- Binder with baseball card holders - file them by exp date or category
- File box - file them by exp date or category
- Accordian folder
Great Coupon Sites
- Start slowly -- it won't be built overnight
- Buy for the future -- (only buy up to 6 weeks worth)
- Know how much you use
This is nowhere near everything that I learned!! There was SO MUCH information! My suggestion would be to check in your hometown and see if there are any classes being offered. The website http://www.southernsavers.com/ does have a button that you can click on that gives some helpful information as to "how" to coupon.
Good luck and have fun! I'm off to the dentist, the gym, and to the grocery store!!