This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A "Beachy" Tablescape


I love the "Beachy" look! I would love, love, love, to have a house... or even a condo!... at the beach! Of course, I would love for it to be right ON the beach! But, I would settle for one that was merely near the beach, as well! **Smile**

I would have SO MUCH FUN decorating it!

I knew that for my June tablescape, I wanted to do a BEACH THEMED one.

Here is what I came up with! -- Once again... please excuse my photography skills!




Don't you love this turquoise beaded bowl thingy to the left?? I am not quite sure where I got it. I have had it for a while. I know that I did not pay a lot for it. Maybe $3.00? I am extremely attracted to all glassware in this color!

I bought the little tealight candles at the dollar store back in February when I was searching for valentine things. I bought two sets of 3 for $1.00 each!

Do you see the seashell salt & pepper shakers?? Those are part of David's grandmother's collection that I have stored up in my attic! I have boxes and boxes of salt & pepper shakers! I guess you would say that these were "vintage".



These light blue placemats are the same ones that I used for my "winter theme" back in January. I picked them up at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $1.00 each on the clearance shelf!

The white plates are the same ones that I bought last fall at the dollar store! I use them all the time!

I found these blue-striped napkins on a recent "thrifting" outing that I had last Saturday. They were only $1.00 for a set of 6!

The white knobby bowls are the same ones that I bought back in February. I think I paid $2.00 each for 6 of them at Michael's.


I found these beautiful blue bowls while out "thrifting" on Saturday. I LOVE the colors! There are only 4, but they were only $1.00 each! 


I was excited to find these fun mini-chargers while out "thrifting"! I had to have them for my "beach theme"! They were only $4.00 for a set of 6!


I picked up this cute little fishy at Hobby Lobby. He was only $4.00, but I paid less because he was 40% off!


I found this pink flamingo at Hobby Lobby, too! He was only $6.00 with 40% off!

Don't you love these candlesticks??!! I found these at the thrift store for only $3.00 each!! I just HAD to have them!! I bought the candles at Hobby Lobby. They were $6.00 each, but were on sale for 60% off!


These cute little fishies are another set of salt & pepper shakers from David's grandmother's collection! They are so precious! They make me smile every time I look at them! I would say that these were "vintage", as well.


The aqua colored votive candle in the foreground is another dollar store find!


This display is on my hutch, which is right next to my table.

The little green fishies on the left are more salt & pepper shakers! Too cute!

The shells in the big vase are just part of the collection of shells that the girls and I found while we were at St. Joseph's Peninsula State Park in Florida last September! I have been waiting to use them as part of my "beachy" decor!

I found this adorable flip-flop dish while out "thrifting"! I love the colors! It was only $3.00.


Hope you like my "thrifty" finds!

I am linking up to these great blog parties ---

Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

15 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love the table. It is so fun and you have such great beachy details! I hope you will join me for my very first monthly "Thrift Tablescape" party this saturday! This would be a perfect table for the party! Love it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beachy tablescape, especially the flamingo and fish. Just hold a conch shell up to your ear to hear the ocean and you're there!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diann ~ Thank you! Yes! I will have to join your party on Saturday! :)

    Candy ~ Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! I love a beach themed table and the colors always make me happy! I think that beautiful glass vase might be Fenton...it has the look. Of course I love that Flamingo :) and your S&P's are vintage and adorable. I will have a table I link up to Diann's party on Saturday. See you there! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table - so many cute pieces! Those mini chargers are just adorable and I love the bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda ~ You are right. My little vase does have the Fenton "look". It's not marked in any way, so it may not be real. It's one of my favorite pieces, tho! Yes. I am thankful to have the fun S&P shakers! :)

    Hello Calypso ~ Thanks for stopping by! Yes. The chargers were a great find for me! And I am a sucker for pretty dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your little vintage salt & pepper shakers. They're so cute, and how lovely that they belonged (some of them) to David's grandma. Those mini chargers are great, and I love the blue bowls that you found at the thrift last Saturday. You have a real beachy theme going on there, and it all looks great. Lovely to be able to read your blog posts again dear friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi This ~ Yes! Aren't they cute! :) Thank you! It's good to be back... at least for now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally love this especially the blue tones will you come decorate my house

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Becca! ~ I would love to come decorate your house! :) It's funny that you mentioned that because a friend of mine told me that I should be doing that for a living! LOL! ~ Might have to give it some thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly gifted for this! Looks great as does your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww... Thank you, Claudia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool beachy table! So much to see. The salt and pepper shakers are unique, who sees these anymore? I really like the shell shakers. And the little turqoise bowl with the beads truly looks vintage. You put it together well Becky, you know, the white dishes are much like the Fiesta ware. The dollar stores have some great dishes that are good quality and look expensive. But, the blue bowls! I wouldn't mind having some of those. A fabulous table-what fun to sit and have salads, pie and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandy & LindyLou! ~ Thank you! I had fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...