This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A New Backyard to Enjoy!

I wanted to share with you how pretty my backyard looks now!

We have grass now!! You gotta' love sod! It's any easy fix!


Here's the retaining wall that David worked SO hard to replace! He had built the wall with landscaping timbers about 12 years ago when we had our pool put in. With the timbers now "rotting", they needed to be replaced. Doesn't it look great now?!! 

We planted Lantana here, along with another rose bush to match my other one. 


After 12 years, we finally have a beautiful patio set! I realize now that the cushions are not on the chairs. Oops! We love it and spend a lot of time out there, now!


We bought these two chairs as well. Since this picture was taken, we now have a small table between the chairs. Our plan is to get a free-standing umbrella to go in this area, as well.

The hammock is new, too! Ashley has always wanted one. She bought this with her birthday money. Thankfully, we ALL get to enjoy it!

The flower bed is new, too. There WAS a very BIG palm tree here. Actually... there was one on each side of my pool! But, the trees were planted too close to the pool and they grew too big. The roots were cracking our cement, so they had to go. David built flower beds in their place. I planted some Marigolds and Saliva.



If you look closely... you can see my two puppy dogs. Chester is my youngest. He is only a year old. We had to make a separate yard for the dogs because Chester was eating all of my plants and digging holes everywhere! They are mostly spoiled "house dogs", but it's nice to have the fenced in space for them to run around in and Chester can chew on anything he wants and dig as many holes as he wishes!! LOL!


I am so happy to now have a yard that I can enjoy!

I am joining Debbiedoo's Outdoors-Color Newbie Party! Come visit me there!

17 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, I love your pool! We have one too and I feel the same way you do and just enjoy every minute of summer in our backyard.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, your garden looks sensational! The garden looks like it will thrive and the grass looks so lush and green. No wonder you are so happy with it all!

    Enjoy those long summer days in your lovely garden.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea ~ Thanks for stopping by! And, thank you! :)

    Hi Natasha ~ Yes. I am so thankful to finally have a yard that I can be proud of! Thank you!

    Hi claudia ~ Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard is beautiful and I love you pool. Looks so cool and inviting! Love the flowers. This Georgia heat has been vicious for June! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda ~ Thank you! David has really worked hard on it this year. Yes, the hot summer that we are having is making it hard to keep everything alive! Water, Water, Water... is the answer! :)

    Hello Tana ~ Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful retreat Becky. Thanks so much for sharing at my newbie party. Hope you are having fun..it sure looks it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky. Sorry I'm a bit late! I love your new blog background by the way. It really made me smile. Your new garden looks amazing, and I can quite see why you now want to spend so much time out there. It all looks so lovely, and I adore the new patio set. What a transformation. It all looks really lovely and I'm very envious - it has really brought out the best in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yard Becky. What I would not give for a yard large enough for a pool and a climate warm enough for one:) Enjoy your summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie ~ Thank you for hosting the "Newbie Party!" :)

    This ~ You could never be too late! :) Thank you! David has been working hard to make our backyard a place to enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Gramma! ~ I am thankful for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your back yard is beautiful, and with all the work you and David did, you deserve it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I'm visiting from Debbie's party! I know you will sooooo enjoy spending time in your backyard! And just think of all the great parties you can host!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Susan! :)

    Hi Jan! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments! ~ Blessings to you, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful yard and pool.

    Dee
    Your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dee! ~ Thank for visiting my blog and becoming a new follower! YAY and WELCOME!!! ~ Now, I will pop in over at your blog to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...