This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Vacation from A to Z --- (M)

Sorry for the delay in posting. It's been a BUSY few days around here!!!

M is for Motorcycles

David and I got to go on a motorcycle ride with David's brother, Bob while we were up in Virginia. Bob borrowed a bike (motorcycle) from a friend of his. We had a good time! It was a little rainy, but not too bad.


M is for MOUNTAINS

We rode from Bob's house to the Shenandoah National Park, which is about an hour from Bob's house. Since it was kind of rainy... we couldn't see a whole lot, but it was still very pretty!



This guy was playing a trombone up on top of the mountain!! It was neat to hear it echoing through the hills!




David and I


David, me, and Bob


I took a lot of these pics from the back of the motorcycle!





This curve was scary!! I thought we were going off the side of the mountain!!


Cool tunnel that we went thru!



Mountain wildlife


Two very "studly" brothers! :)



M is for MUSEUMS

While we were in Washington, DC... we went to several of the museums that were there. We went to the National Museum of Natural History, The National Museum of American History, The National Museum of Air and Space, and the National Museum of Archives.

M is for MONUMENT

Also, in Washington DC... we saw the Washington Monument.

I took this picture of it while we were trying to find a place to park!


I took this picture of it as we were crossing The National Mall, in search of the public restrooms! It took us about an hour to find a place to "go"! It was 8:30 in the morning and none of the museums were open, yet!



Finally, found the restrooms! I took this picture as we were on our way to see the White House.



After visiting the White House, we took a rest in the shade of the Washington Monument.


Miranad & Ashley taking a break in the shade of the Washington Monument. It was SOOOOO Hot that day!!


One more picture, as we headed back across The National Mall.


M is for MOE'S

After we left NYC, we headed back to Philadelphia. It was lunch time when we arrived back and David hadn't had his "Pork Roll Sandwich" yet. (Another Philly favorite of his!) So, we went to a deli called Moe's. It was right next door to the Pretzel Factory! Imagine that! LOL!


M is for MADISON AVE

I saw this sign and had to take a picture of it while we were in NYC. One of my favorite scenes from the movie "Splash", with Tom Hanks, is when he is trying to think of a name for the mermaid and looks at the street sign and says... "Where are we? Madison and 5th?" ... and she says... "Madison! I like that name!" So, he starts calling her Madison.


M is for MACY'S

One of the places that I wanted to see while we were in NYC, was Macy's! I grew up watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV that took place in NYC. It was never Christmas until I saw Santa Claus arrive at the end of the parade!! -- Now... Christmas starts arriving around the END of October!! Crazy!!


M is for the MUSEUM OF MODERN ART

This is where Ashley could have spent a whole day, if we had more time! Unfortunately, we didn't... so, she had to settle for just visiting the MoMO store.



M is for M&M's

Our hotel was right next to the huge M&M store!! They had every color and variety of M&M you could possibly ever dream of!!





This was the HUGE billboard over the store, all lit up at night





4 comments:

  1. The motorcycle ride sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this i totally should have stolen i mean borrowed this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! Look at that M&M's store!! My daughter would have loved the Museum of Modern Art. Awesome photos of your motorboke ride. The scenery looks wonderful. Hope all is well with you my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia -- Yes. The motorcycle ride was a lot of fun!

    Becca -- You should have!! :)

    This -- Thank you! I'm doing pretty good. Just VERY busy!!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...