This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Only 3 More Days Left!

Yes. I only have 3 more days left at my current job. I have accepted the position at the other preschool. YAY!! I feel good about my decision, I am just a little sad about leaving "my" preschool, tho. But, I feel that God has laid out this new path for me and has new opportunities waiting for me to discover, so it's all good. **Smile**



PROS about the new job:
- I will be making TWICE the amount of money and will now be able to help David out with expenses that he has been struggling with.
- I will get paid twice a month instead of only once a month! Getting paid only once a month is hard. You have to make your paycheck last all month!
- I will get paid all year round instead of only the months that school is in session!

CONS about the new job:
- It is twice as far from my home. I was driving only 9 miles to work and it only took me 15 mins to get there. Now, I will be driving 18 miles and it will take me 25 mins to get there!
- I will be working 5 days a week instead of 3.
- I still will not be "teaching". I will still be a teaching assistant. I was hoping to get a teaching postion, but at least I am getting my foot in the door in case there is a teaching position for next year.

But.... at least I have 11 weeks of Summer vacation to look foward to!! --- Too bad I'm not getting paid for it! **Smile**

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you were able to make a decision! Sounds like you made the right one for you.
    What hours will you be working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice, happy post, and I am so glad that you have got another job so quickly. As you say, God works in mysterious ways ..... I'm sure that a teaching position will come up for you soon, and I hope that you will enjoy your new job and that they are nice people to work with. Of course, you will be a bit sad on Friday leaving all 'your' little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers answered! This sounds like a great job and yes a foot in the door is always good. You can show them how good you are and they will have you in mind when the next teaching job opens up! God is good! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet words of support! You all are so kind!! ((HUGS)) to you all!!!! ~ Forgot to mention that my hours will be 8:45 to 1:15. Right now, they are 8:40 to 12:15 TU/TH and until 1:15 on WED. So, not a big difference! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All will be well and I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear your stories from the new job! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the new job hope all goes wonderfully for you. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Becca & Claudia! ~ I appreciate your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. check my blog tomorrow left you something.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much has been going on while I was busy elsewhere. Congratulations on your new job Becky.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...