This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A decision has been made

Many thanks to all of you that responded to my previous post. It was wonderful to read how several of you understood the situation and made suggestions that really made me think. Thank you!

I have come to the conclusion that this is an impossible situation, and the best solution is to look for other employment.

I learned yesterday that I may never get the chance for advancement if I stay where I am. So, today.... I will sadly be turning in my two weeks' notice.

For those of you that don't know.... Since January of last year (2010), I have worked as a teaching assistant for the preschool that is at the church that I am a member of.  My desire is to be a lead teacher in a 3 or 4 year old classroom. I have plenty of experience, as I have worked with children in a classroom setting, for most of my adult life. I have been the LEAD TEACHER before and enjoy it and miss it very much!

The only reason that I am a teaching "assistant" and not a "lead teacher" right now is that when I applied, there were no open teaching positions. I took the assistant job, thinking that I could move into a teaching position when one opened up.

After my talk with the preschool director yesterday, I don't think she WANTS me in a teaching position. For reasons that I don't even know... she has formed an opinion about me that isn't good! THIS has had me torn up in pieces!! Not to "toot my own horn".... but, I am an excellent teacher and you will rarely find someone that doesn't like me! So, this is something that I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around.

Anyway... I know that God has a plan for my life, and apparently... working there, isn't where I am supposed to be. Or... maybe it was for these past 18 months or so, just as a "stepping stone" to something even better. I just have to trust God and follow His lead.

This is what I will be doing ......


Source

I guess I could have had a job that was worse!!

Source

10 comments:

  1. All I can say Becky is that you should keep your positive approach and also confident approach above all and look further! I am sure you will find a suitable position! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best Becky. I agree with your decision and Yes God has plans for you! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this post Becky, I think you are doing the right thing, and it is definitely time for you to move on. I'm sure something much better is waiting for you, and, as you say, God obviously has somewhere else in mind for you. I can quite imagine how you felt by the response of the preschool Director. Very strange, but please don't fret about it too much. I am sure that better things are waiting for you and your teaching talents! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.... You girls are the BEST!!! Thank you so very much for your friendship and support! I feel very good about my decision and I am even excited about starting a new adventure at another school! BIG ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw i know there are no words to make this situation any easier so i will simply say you are in my thoughta and prayers. hugs


    PS love the cartoon it's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Becca. The prayers are sure appreciated! ((HUGS)) to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking you made a very wise decision. Sometimes they are the hardest to make, but you will come out so far ahead because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best wishes for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, my friends! I appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...