This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Funnies ~ No Pants Day

Yes. You read that correctly! Ha!

Today -- The first Friday in May -- is No Pants Day at the Ginn Mill in Denver, Colorado!


Source

This news topic caught my eye on my MSN home page. My first thought was... "Isn't that illegal?" ... and then my next thought was.... "Thank God that I don't live there, beause there's no way I would do that!"

It turns out that it is all for a good cause. According to the website... There is a party and the donation to get in is a pair of dress pants. All clothing and monetary donations will go to benefit Denver Works. For 16 years Denver Works has been providing jobseeker workshops, job search assistance, career counseling, work attire, computer accessibility, mentoring, and life-skills training to jobseekers with barriers to employment.

What a great cause! And great for a good laugh!!!

Happy Friday, everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. That is so funny Becky, and a good way to end the week. I certainly couldn't do that - well, not unless I had a spray tan first! LOL!! Hope you have a good weekend, and I have been thinking of you and wondering how things went with handing in your resignation. Stay positive, believe in yourself and know that something worthy of you will turn up. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too, Claudia!

    I thought it was pretty funny too, This! I'd have to lose 30 pounds AND get a tan! LOL! ~ Thank you for your thoughts. I feel MUCH better now that I have turned in my notice!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for me next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well my son would love to know that as he is not a fan of clothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haahhaa, Becca! Then he would fit right in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have it, but still just wanted to tell you that I have an award waiting you on my blog, a well deserved one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, I still don't think so. Cellulite and 65 year old legs are a real ugly combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... Thank you, Claudia!! You are so very sweet! :)

    Gramma ~ Even at 46.... I wouldn't do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty funny, but makes a clear point for the cause. I think I would keep my pants on too, and make a donation. And I hope you're ok with your job decision. You know, there is something out there just for you Becky! Sometimes we don't find our calling until it's almost too late-you will find yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...