This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Arrives With a Birthday!

WOW!! I can't believe that it has been so long since I have blogged!! I honestly don't have a good reason for not keeping up with my blogging OR my reading of blogs. I guess I can only blame it on good 'ol "life" getting in the way! I am not sure why.... but, this month has been EXTREMELY busy!

I guess between it being the last month of school and then my deciding that it would be best if I quit my job and look for another one... time got away from me and I have not had blogging on my brain as much as I usually do!

When you are a teacher, you consider the day after school ends as the first day of Summer. So.... for me.... it is officially SUMMER!!!

This past Saturday was my baby girl's (Miranda) 20th birthday!! She has been asking begging for months to go to Atlanta and see "The Bodies Exhibition". So, I told her that I would take her for her birthday. She also asked to go to Lenox Square Mall and go shopping. -- I'm not sure why. We couldn't afford a thing! LOL! But, we had fun looking and "hob-nobbing" with those that can afford $500 purses. **Smile**

The Bodies Exhibit is at a place called Atlantic Station. I mentioned it in a previous blog post when David and I visited Atlanta a few months ago. When David and I went.... it was like a ghost town! So, I was surprised to find it bustling with people while Miranda and I were there! We had a great time!

The Bodies was VERY interesting!! Who knew that I would actually enjoy looking at dead bodies!! LOL!! Miranda is a pre-nursing student (she should find out soon if she makes it into the nursing program!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!) and for her Spring semester at school, she took Anatomy 1 & 2. She so enjoyed seeing these "bodies" and explaining all the parts to me! I learned a lot from her and was so proud of her and her knowledge that she now has.

We spent about an hour and a half touring the exhibit. After, it was time for lunch. She chose California Pizza Kitchen. Miranda chose the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza. The pizza was SO GOOD!! I highly recommend it! We enjoyed our pizza while sitting on the patio and watching the people (Yes! PEOPLE!!) walk by. There was even a street magician doing magic tricks nearby.

After lunch, we walked around for a bit and then had our dessert at Cold Stone Creamery!! YUM!!!!!!!! This was SO not on my diet, but it was delicious!!!

Next, I really wanted to take her to the Ikea store because... #1 - I knew that she would love it!... and #2 - I love it!! **Smile**

I was right! She loved it! She bought a wire picture hanging "thingy" with clips to hang her photographs on her bedroom wall. (Sorry...Don't know how else to describe it!) I bought a blanket to drape across the end of my bed. It is navy blue. Unfortunately... I have learned that it is NOT the best color to use when you have two long-haired doggies, tho! **Oops!** Oh well.

We hurried home after "touring" Ikea so that we could be home in time for the "rapture". --- If you have no idea what I am talking about... let me know! -- We got safely home about 6:10pm. Whew!

No. I didn't take any pictures during our trip. I know that I should have, and I wish that I had. Miranda seems to think that I am a little too "camera happy", so I decided that I woud give her a break with the camera for her birthday!

My next adventure is tomorrow!!!! David and I will be traveling to Atlanta again with some friends to see JIMMY BUFFET in concert!!!! WAHOOO!! We will be traveling in a friends motorhome and tail-gating all day before the concert! It should be a BLAST!!! And yes..... I WILL take pictures!!! --- I promise!! **Smile**

8 comments:

  1. Becky, sounds like such a fun day with your daughter. I too have been a bit of a slacker lately with posting, reading and responding to other blogs. I've been trying to slow down and enjoy life and appreciate those around me. Hopefully, I'll be blogging again soon as will you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for understanding, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I go in blogging spurts too. I think I'm currently in a slump - so I post pics in the dry spells.

    It sounds like you had a marvelous time with your daughter. Aren't daughters wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I think we all understand that life has to come before blogging, and you're doing just the right thing there, so please don't worry about it! I have noticed that more and more people are posting less frequently now. So glad that you had such a happy birthday time with Miranda. Isn't that just the best to spend time with a daughter like that?! AND you've got the big concert to look forward to. I know you will enjoy it with your friends. Oh! I know what you mean about the photos as well, because I'm always taking photos for my blog when I'm out, and friends are starting to look at me a bit strangely. LOL!! Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Blogging friends are THE best friends! You all are so understanding and so sweet! Thank you!!! ~~ Yes. I love my daughters!! I am so blessed to have two wonderful ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to drop by and tell you that an award is waiting for you on my blog :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gave you an award in my sunday blog post.

    My Life

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...