This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I am trying something new that I saw on my bloggy friend, Claudia's Blog called "The Story". It's called "Wednesday Hodgepodge". She picked it up from another bloggy friend, Joyce's Blog called "From This Side of the Pond". I thought it might be fun! Hope you do, too!



1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just-turning' 21 year old adult?

This is an interesting question since I have a daughter that will turn 21 in May and her boyfriend of 3 years, will be turning 21 in just a couple of weeks! My advice would be.... just because you are now "of age", it doesn't mean that you HAVE TO "DRINK". Some young people look forward to the day that they can "legally" drink. Some parents... believe it or not!... encourage this idea by buying their "babies" their first "legal" drink of alcohol. I am not a fan of this idea.

2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?

Oh! Fall is my favorite time of the year! I look foward to camping with my friends and family... warm campfires to hang by on a chilly evening... Fall decorating... wearing my blue jeans & boots... riding my bike... motorcycle rides with David...  wearing jackets... the colors of the leaves.... the list goes on and on!


3. What sound lulls you to sleep?

I can not sleep in silence! LOL! So, I have to have some type of "noise"! In the summer... we have a small airconditioner that is in our bedroom window. The noise of it helps me sleep. In the winter... we have a small heater that we use, and the sound of it helps me sleep.


4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?

I had no idea about this! LOL!! Being that my kids are no longer "little"... we don't really have an emergency kit or disaster plan. The only thing my kids were taught was that if the house caught fire... they were to go to the mailbox. That was our "meeting place". They have also been taught that if there is a tornado warning... they are to go to a "center" room of the house or a basement. Our house in Atlanta had a basement. Our house now.... has neither a center room OR a basement! I PANIC when there is a threat of a tornado! We have no place to hide!!


5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?

Hmmmm... yes, I guess it has. In the beginning... I tried to just write about crazy thoughts that went thru my mind. I also tried not to mention the names of my family members. Now.... you all know me and my family quite well!! LOL!! I tend to write about more personal things than I when I first started.


6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?

Ummm.....  I don't know. Maybe learn to navigate the "new" blogger site?


7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

One of my very favorite photos.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am missing Ashley, my oldest daughter. She seems so far away from me, even tho she is so close. I miss the "friendship" that we used to have. I want to be part of her life and I wish that she would talk to me like she used to.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the theme! Well done Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for a post, and you gave some good answers there. I can't wait for autumn to arrive either, and wear my boots and warm clothes again! I'm like you, and my blog has got much more personal since I've gone along. I'm sorry to read the answer to question number 8. Hopefully she will 'come back' to you again soon. I think it's little stages that they go through. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Claudia!

    Thank you, This! ~ I did have the chance to sit down and talk to Ashley and "Catch up"! It was wonderful! She is a busy, busy girl with school right now. :) ((HUGS)) back to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that is a great photo.

    I like Autumn (Fall) too, it is a lovely time of year.

    Enjoying your blog.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...