This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Thrifty Finds

My best friend, Diana, came down my way for the day on Saturday. She loves the "art" of of thrifting as much as I do, so I knew that we would have fun!

I told Diana that I was on the hunt for Tablescaping items for September and October.

For September, I had the idea of a "Football" theme -- See this post for my inspiration.

For October, I had the idea of a "Halloween" theme -- Again, see this post for my inspiration.

I totally forgot to take pictures as we were hunting for treasures!!! So, I took pictures of my items after I got home.

Ever since I redecorated (sort of) my living room, I have needed something for the wall between my window and my entertainment center. I had the idea of buying two vertical plate racks that might hold two or three plates each. I hadn't found exactly what I was looking for, until.... I found THIS plate rack!! It is a double plate rack!! I just knew it would be perfect for the wall space that I had, and it is! --- Price paid: $12.99!

Diana and I searched for the perfect size plates for my new plate rack, but only found these two. They are "dessert size" plates, I believe. The yellow one is just a simple design. --- Price paid: $.85! The red one is a unique "flower" design. I can tell that it came from Target. --- Price paid: $3.50. (a little more than I would have wanted to pay, but I really liked it!


See how the "curves" in the plate rack go so well with my curtain rod! I also have those same curves in my lamps and other things in my house.


I also found this Eitenne Aigner handbag!! It looks like it is real, but I am not positive that it is. -- If any of you know how to tell... please let me know! From what I have read about them online, I think that it is! This one is in PERFECT condition!! -- Price paid: $9.95!!! (They seem to be over $100, if bought new!!)



I found this Vera Bradley Curling Iron Cover, too!! I've been wanting one for a while now. In fact... I was wishing that I had one of these on our recent vacation! -- Price paid: $6.00!! - (They retail for about $20.00!)


I found these cute Halloween Decorations that will look great on a
Halloween Table!
Prices paid:
Ghost tea-light candle holder -- $1.10
Pumpkin tea-light candle holder -- $.50
Big Pumpkin -- $1.00


I wasn't totally sold on these cute Halloween Plates because of the "purple" color, but decided to get them anyway since they were so cheap! -- Price paid: $1.88 for all four!


I really liked these cool haystacks (at least I think that's what the are!). They will go great for a Fall Tablescape!! -- Price paid: $1.75 each!


I am going to keep looking for Football related items for my Football Tablescape. If I can't find anything soon, I'll have to think of another idea!

I'm linking up to Linda's "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday" party over at her blog


Be sure and check out her wonderful blog and the neat things that her followers have found on their thrifting adventures!

9 comments:

  1. Great finds! The bag does seem real, how is the leather condition? If it looks and feels like leather then it is a real one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Claudia! ~ The bag is GREAT condition! I'm excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great items. I love the double plate rack, them seem hard to find. I have one like that in my dining room and love it. The purse looks real to me. Cute Halloween decor and I like the purple plates, use them with black and everything will pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda! Thanks for the idea for the plates. I think I am going to look for some black chargers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome treasure hunting i'm never very good at finding things at thrift shops or yard sales i always seems to get there after the good stuff is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Halloween plates! Linda's right, they will look great paired with black. You could even use them in your new plate rack as part of your Halloween decorating..maybe weave some gauzy stuff around them to make them even more spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becca ~ I don't always find things, either. I have to be in the "mood" to spend time looking! :)

    Hi Tammy ~ Thanks! I hadn't thought about using them on my plate rack! Cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, you did really well with your finds. That plate rack looks great on the wall, where once was an empty space and, yes, it looks as if it was made to match the curtain pools. You must have been really pleased. So glad that you had such a successful day with your best friend :) By the way, you've changed the look of your blog. I love the new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, This! ~ Yes, I love my new plate rack! I will be on the look out for more plates to fill it! ~ Yes. I get bored with my blog and like to change it up, every now and then! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...