This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, September 2, 2011

August Tablescape

Yes!! I know that I am a bit late. I was hoping to add to this tablescape, but never got around to it! Oops!! Soo... here is what my table has looked like for the whole month of August. Forgive me for the pictures not looking so good. I was in a hurry this morning! The lighting is bad. I know. I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. (Yes. I am late for it, too!!)

I picked up most of these items at a thrift store in Columbus, GA called... "Joey's". The coral dishes, the tablecloth, the heart dishes, and the little green sherbert bowls were all bought on the same day. The crystal plates and green glasses were/are my mother's. The candlesticks were bought at Joey's too. I never did get any candles for them! Oops!


I stole borrowed this pretty flower from Ashley's room. It matched my color scheme perfectly!!



Couldn't resist these cute little dishes! Too bad they only had four.


But.... there were only 4 of these coral colored plates, anyway. So, it worked out.


I fell in LOVE with these little green sherbert bowls!!!! They came in a set of 6. So pretty!!



I picked up this "tablecloth" in a booth for only a $1.
I was having fun finding dishes to go with it!


Hmmm...... who is that over there stealing the spotlight from my picture??
That's Chester, my crazy 1 year old puppy!! **Smile**



10 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this tablecloth and how you found great dishes to go with them! Cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Becky! Joey's seems to have a lot of really great stuff!!! I can never seem to find nice things at the thrift stores, so I applaud you! You really cleaned up! Hooray! The dark green sherbet glasses are fab-u-lous!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty and colorful table, I love the tabletopper, the green globlets and specially the heart plates, just great! See you soon, I'm into fall now! Have a great weekend sweet Becky. XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! When I found that tablecloth.... I knew that I had found my August Tablescape colors! I think they look like the colors of "sherbert", which makes me think of Summer! I had fun finding dishes to go along with it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love the colour mix as well! I really like the little heart shaped dishes, and the green sherbet bowls - oh! And Chester too, of course!! Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, This! I love those dishes, as well! I was happy to have found them! :) Yes... Chester sneaked in on that photo! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky.

    I found you through Claudia's blog so decided to stop by and say hello.

    Your table is beautiful. I love the colours.

    Lovely blog too, I will be your new follower.

    Fiona from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fiona!! Thank you for popping over and for becoming a new follower of mine!! I love "meeting" new friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky! I'm going to break the ice here...I haven't heard from you in so long-I thought maybe I said something or wrote something that offended you. But you are still on my list...I've kept up with a lot of your adventures! I do love your tablescape-you know, I look for them. Love the stripes and colors together, and, yes, the heart-shaped bowls are fabulous. I have a second blog now, MyTexasGardens. I also work everyday from 7:30 am until 4:00 or later. I know how hard it is to keep up. My grandson is with us every other weekend, sometimes 4 days at a time, and he doesn't let me blog. But we can look at everyone's pictures. Chester sure has grown! Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...