This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Excitement With a Cold

I am excited this morning, but also feeling a bit "run down". My very best friend, Diana, is coming down from Atlanta this morning to spend the day with me. I am excited about taking her to my favorite Thrift Shops!! I haven't been thrifting since my other good friend, Georgia, came to visit me.

I don't have anything specific that I am looking for, but I would like to look for some things for my "September" or "October" tablescapes. I have no idea what I want to do for September!! Miranda suggested a "Football" theme. I really like that idea, but finding stuff for it might present a challenge. October will be easy! I want to do a "Halloween" themed table with orange, black & yellow. I should have a few things for it already, but I will be on the lookout for more today.

I don't feel 100% today. Yesterday, as the day went on, I began to feel like I was getting a head cold. NOT FUN!! I did not sleep well last night -- I should have bought the Nyquil that I thought about buying! -- I'll get some for tonight! -- But, a head cold will NOT stop me from spending the day thrifting with Diana!!

I Googled "football tablescapes" and found Lori's blog A Big Story with her WONDERFUL football tablescape!! Here are a few pics from her blog.....





She has some GREAT plates and accessories, doesn't she?? I love it!!

I'm in love with Susan's Halloween Tablescape over at ... Between Naps on the Porch!! Take a look at a few pics from her blog....





Susan's tablescape is EXACTLY what I have in mind for my table!! Hopefully, I can find some great "goodies" today while I am out THRIFTING!!

Happy Saturday!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your shopping, I am sure you will get inspired. And the football idea is great, you should do it! DO take care! You know by now how Peter is, so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Sorry you're not feeling 100%, but I hope it doesn't stop you and Diana having fun with the thrift stores! No doubt you will pick up some great bargains. Wow! Aren't those tablescapes amazing?! The football ones were awesome!! Have a good weekend and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! I am thankful for our long 3-day "Labor Day" weekend, so that I can have a chance to rest. (Well, after today!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...