This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Friday, May 28, 2010

One Year Ago

WOW! How time flies by!! Last year, on Memorial Day weekend, my "baby" (Dtr. #2) graduated from HS. It was a hectic (but fun!) weekend, tho! Her high school usually does their graduations outside, on the football field. No such luck last year! For the first time in MANY years, they had to do the ceremony in the gym because of rain. The kids were not happy, nor where the faculty members, parents or other guests.
It was crowded in there and only 4 family members could attend because of space. That left MANY unhappy family members (some who traveled great distances to be there!) stuck watching the ceremony from the lunch room, the audiotoruim, and various class rooms.

"Our" seats weren't good, but they weren't bad, either. By the time that we got into the gym, the best seats were taken. I was thankful that we didn't have any other guests. I would have been upset that they couldn't sit with us. 

The poor kids were SO TIRED! They had practiced both outside and inside for days before, and just wanted this thing over with! The ceremony went very well despite the last minute changes.

After Graduation, we had a BIG party planned for Dtr. #2!! We went in together with her best friend's parents and rented a HUGE blow-up slide and invited everyone we knew to come slide, swim, eat hamburgers, hot dogs & cake.
We ALL had a blast!! It even rained, which didn't keep the kids (or us adults!!) from sliding!! I can't remember the last time I had SO MUCH FUN!!

Here it is, Memorial Day weekend... again. But, one thing is different --- I have NO PLANS AT ALL!!! I guess I should be thankful that it is not a busy & hectic weekend. I also guess that I should really use this weekend to focus on the real reason for it.

I know that Memorial Day is a day that was set aside to remember all of the men & women who died while serving in one of our country's armed forces. I didn't know anyone personally, but I know that many, many did lose thier lives so that I could live free. To them, and to all those who still serve and protect us.... THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...