This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

God Is My Stabilizer

Tomorrow, I am getting a new washer & dryer! YAY!!! One of the features on my new washer is that it has "TrueBalance", which is a feature that will almost instantly stabilize your washer if it gets "off-balance".  I am excited about this feature because with my old washer, by the time I got to the laundry room to open the lid (...from the top, because the old one wasn't a "front-loader") and move the clothes around myself... the washer had "walked" across my laundry room floor!

I am sure by now you are wondering...
"What do washing machines have to do with God?". Well, as I was praying to God this morning.. (in between "watching" Chester!)... to help me get my life back in "balance".. (See yesterday's post), I realized that God is MY stabilizer! By praying and reading God's Word, HE can help me find the balance that I am missing right now. It may not come as "instant" as my new washer, but it WILL come if I follow His lead and listen to His words.

Thank you Lord, for this encouraging thought this morning!
I love you!

5 comments:

  1. Becky, thanks for finding me. I am always happy to meet new people. I love your analogy there.
    This morning I was questioning some money I sent to a friend in Africa, wondering if he would use it properly. Not praying, just wondering to my self when I heard so distinctly the words, "You are not to wonder, I told you to send it and that is all you need to know."
    I love it when He speaks to me that way:)
    If you are interested, I have a second blog that I call my fluff blog. It is linked to the one you followed. Hope to see you there sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, congratulations on the new washing machine. I would love to have a front loader, but I do not see it happening in this lifetime:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Gramma 2! I will be sure to check out your "fluff" blog, as well. Yes... I was excited when Hubby decided that we needed a new washer & dryer! It's fun to "watch" the clothes washing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great analogy, one with which we can all identify. Bless you are, a new washing machine and a Holy God who keeps you on the path. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I love analogies and I love when God inpires me with one! Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...