This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a BOY!!

I'd like to introduce to you the newest member of my family....
CHESTER!

He is named after the Golden Retriever in the movie... "Disney's THE KID". He is 6 weeks old... and boy is he keeping us busy!! I had forgotten what life was like with a puppy in the house! WHEW!! I am so grateful to Dtr.'s #1 & 2 AND Hubby for sharing in the responsibility of caring for him. Everyone is taking turns so nicely! The girls have even taken turns with "night duty". YAY!! (I didn't even have to ask!!)

Jackson, my almost 7 & 1/2 year old Golden is not too sure about Chester. He seems really annoyed that the "new" dog has invaded HIS territory! I can't blame him tho. I think I'd be pretty annoyed if Hubby brought home a "new" wife (unannounced!), paid more attention to her, and also expected ME to get along with her! Yep. I'd be "growling" and "barking", too!!

We are trying the "Crate Training" method. So far, it is going very well! YAY! Chester even crawled into his crate to take a nap once! The big thing will be getting him to sleep thru the night. He has been waking up every two hours (or so), so far. I need to "read up" on my puppy training and refresh my memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...