This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Forgiveness and Washing Dishes

You are probably wondering what FORGIVENESS and WASHING DISHES have to do with each other. Trust me! .... I would have NEVER put the two together, either!

First of all, for the past two nights, I have dreamed about washing dishes. The first night, I didn't think much of it. We all dream about things that we do often, .... right? But, then... when I dreamed about it again, it got me to thinking... "Why am I dreaming about this and what does it mean?"

Dreams totally fascinate me, so I just happen to have a DREAM DICTIONARY on my bookshelf. (Don't laugh at me! You know you are curious about them, too!) According to my book... dreaming of washing "anything" suggests getting rid of negative feelings. I didn't think much of it until I started reading my devotions this morning. Wow! As I read, I realized that almost everyone of them had to do with FORGIVENESS. I think God is trying to tell me something, but I am not sure WHO I am supposed to forgive.

There have been several people in my life who have hurt me, one of which I DID forgive. I think I am still dealing with the hurt that the others caused me. I can't help but wonder if these are the people that God wants me to forgive.

I also wonder if He is possibly preparing me a future "hurt". It could be a combination of both. I am not sure.

Check out these Bible verses and devotional words that God put before me this morning ---

From -- "Once a Day, Every Day for Women" devotional

"You have heard that it was said. You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you." --- Matthew 5:43-44

Forgiveness is a choice. When we obey God by offering forgiveness to His children, we are blessed.

Do you harbor resentment against anyone? God's instructions are clear: He commands you to forgive.

God's Word instructs you to forgive others... no exceptions.

From -- "The Upper Room" daily email devotion

"You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. --- Colossians 3:13

See what I mean?? God is REALLY trying to get my attention thru dreams, devotions, & scripture!!!  --- Guess I better start working on forgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. Curious, once you forgive a person, do you think we need continue in a relationship with them?
    I am going to a funeral this weekend where there will be two families that relationships have been severed. I hold no animosity towards them, but have no desire to ever interact with them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gramma 2 Many --- Sorry that I am just now reading your comment! ~ No, I do not think that we NEED to continue the relationship. The person that I DID forgive is a person that I have no desire for them to still be in my life. I forgave this person more for "me" than for them. "I" needed to clear my conscience. I still see this person occasionally, and I am "nice" to them, but that is as far as I want it to go. ~ Hope that helps! ~ God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...