This blog is basically just a collection of my "random thoughts". I must warn you, though. I have been told that "I write like I talk", so if you don't understand what you are reading... chances are, if you met me... I wouldn't make much sense to you! Feel free to comment if you care to. Or not. I'm good either way!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Kindle

Update ---- Ashley made it home fine, yesterday! Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers!

Thank you also for your sweet comments, once again! I am so thankful for all of you!!

The Amazon Kindle --- David gave me one of these for Christmas this year.


Before I tell you whether or not I like it, let me fill you in on how I feel about books

I LOVE BOOKS!! I have almost a whole wall of books in my office/craft room! I have a hard time parting with them, even after I have read them. Books give me such a great feeling of "accomplishment" after I have read them. How can I throw or give away books that I enjoyed reading so much?? 

Here are a few photos of my wall of bookshelves. These were taken a few years ago... but, you'll get the idea!

I took this photo (and the next) as "before" shots of my very messy shelves, before I did a clean-up on them! -- Sadly, these shelves are back to being just a little messy! Oops!



Here are the "after" shots of a much more organized space!


By the way..... Ashley painted that beautiful ocean scene and the red & black platter was painted by my mother! The other picture was done by a lady that I used to work for. 



I love to look at books, as well. I love the ones with pretty pictures and I am instantly attracted to books with bright or interesting covers! -- You'll have a hard time getting me out of a book store!! 

I love to read all sorts of books. I love Mysteries, Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction, Romantic Comedies, "Heavy" Romance (if you know what I mean! *Smile*) and I even love non-fiction books. One of my favorites is "The Journey" by Billy Graham. 

Anyway.... For a couple of years now, I have been checking out the "e-readers" -- such as The Nook & The Kindle. I really liked the idea of them, but I couldn't get past the thought of not actually "owning" the book! 

As Christmas rolled around -- Once again, as it seems to do every few months!! -- this year, I started talking about them again and wondering about them. I guess David decided to make the decision for me and get me one! Haha! 

I'm still getting used to using my Kindle, but I'm starting to REALLY like it!! It's so light weight and can hold SO MANY BOOKS!!! I have to admit, tho, that I will miss buying actual "books" to read, but... at least this way..... my shelves might stay neat! ** Smile**



4 comments:

  1. I also have one, for a couple of months now, and I love it. When I travel it is so easy to read. You will enjoy it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will like your Kindle more and more as the days go by. I didn't like mine at first, but now I LOVE it... I found it to be most useful during travel or at doctor appts. You could have as many books as you were reading with you without all the baggage of each individual book. I often carry mine in my purse so if i'm out and about waiting for something I can read a page or two. We got a Kindle Fire as an after Christmas gift to each other and it's neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a nook this year and i'm glad my bookshelf isn't they only one that looks that way. i swear we could be twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky. I'm like you, as I absolutely love my books, and have bookshelves full of them. My hubby had a Kindle last Christmas, but I haven't actually used it. I think they will be great for going on holidays or travelling with. Lots of my friends have them, and they love them, as I am sure you will yours, once you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...