It's really interesting that in 2010, my word was ALONE. (LINK) It's interesting because ten years later... I could have written this exact post! I'm not sure why I felt so alone back then, but I KNOW why I feel that way now.
Anyway... My word for today is... ART.
You could have probably guessed that one! LOL!
I truly am enjoying being back into it. Painting and creating... along with writing... are my passions. They bring me joy and take my mind off of the things that have me stressed or down. I am in my own world while I am painting.
I've actually been doing it on and off again for about a year, but during this Covid-19 Pandemic CRAP... I have really been enjoying it!
God tells us to find Joy in ALL THINGS. Well.. there you go! Painting is the joy that I have found through this pandemic, crazy MESS that we are living in this year!
That makes me think of another word that I could have used for the letter "A" --- AMERICA. I won't go into just "what" I would write about it, because I might use those thoughts for when I get to the letter "U" for United States of America. (If I can remember to!)
Anyway... back to ART.
I guess you can say that I have always loved art. I can remember way back to when I was little and I had drawn a very colorful picture that was nothing but one big line, drawn with a black crayon or marker, that swirled around and made lots of small sections that I colored in with every different colored crayon that I had. (I'll have to make one and come back and insert it here to show you.) I can remember my mom showing it to one of her friends and her friend thought it was so beautiful and said that I should make more, frame them and sell them.
I wish I still had that piece of "artwork". I probably WOULD frame it and hang it on my wall! Hmmm.... maybe I'll frame the one that I make and just do that, for the memory!
In high school, I took every art class that I could!! I learned to draw and to use acrylic paints. I did other things as well, but those are the two that interested me the most. I'm pretty sure that I didn't learn about watercolor or oil painting.
I went on to go to the Art Institute of Atlanta to study "Commercial Art". I didn't stick with it, though. I learned real quick that I was NOT as good at art as I thought I was!
Through the years, I have done many types of art. When my girls were little, I painted on t-shirts and sweatshirts for them. I made them for gifts as well.
My mom was an artist. She did some BEAUTIFUL work!!! So detailed!! I am thankful to have several of her pieces! She took some classes at an art school after high school, as well.
My daughter, Ashley.. is also an artist. She took art classes in high school and went on to study Art Education in college. She does BEAUTIFUL work, as well!! I am also thankful to have many of her paintings.
I'm not sure if being artistic is an inherited trait, or not. BUT... in my book... I would say it is! I think I have proof! 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment