I was on Facebook just now and one of my high school friends (age 55) posted this...
I’m so mad right now! Had my pulmonary appointment today. Because of having to wear a mask now my prescription strength has to be increased and I have to add an additional medication.
On top of that one of the medication is for COPD and not asthma so insurance denied the medication. My doctor knows what is best yet insurance opposes her recommendation.
But yes Government and media hype just keep it up.
On top of that one of the medication is for COPD and not asthma so insurance denied the medication. My doctor knows what is best yet insurance opposes her recommendation.
But yes Government and media hype just keep it up.
She works for a major corporation that is considered "essential" and is required to wear a face mask due to Covid-19.
Reading through the comments on her post.. I learned quite a lot. Here are snips from the comments...
My doc said to take it off often. she said it’s the particles getting trapped in the masks that are creating health issues
Yep, I'm on oxygen 24/7 now because can't breath with a mask( O2 with mask has been in mid 70. Dropped to mid 60) sleep test for BIPAP canceled by insurance today so it can't be adjusted unless pulmonary specialist evaluates. So I'm on oxygen 24/7 is all Dr. Can offer?? insurance is a waste of money.
i was on a once per year doctor visit now I have to go every 3 months. She said it’s definitely from the mask. I hate it. But what can I do? Nothing
yes I believe that 100% its not meant to wear all day and especially in this heat. We all are sweating and its staying in the mask. We are meant to breath fresh air.
For the record my doctor said the plexiglass shields at the register in the stores is the best protection out there. She also said 10 feet away without a mask is safe
After doing a little research, I realized why masks am have not been traditionally worn here in the states, and it’s not just cultural. Although Covid and the flu are not the same in their lethality, they are transmitted similarly. Studies show that face masks do not show that wearing a mask mitigates or prevents transmission, and depending on the mask actually increases risk to health.
I have Asthma, like my friend and take the same medication. I am SO thankful that I don't have to wear a mask 24/7!
Whether you agree with our Governor here in Georgia or not... I think he is making the right decision on not having our state be a mandatory mask wearing state.
No comments:
Post a Comment